Hi,
    first time I'm asking a question here, so bear with me.

I own a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F, Android 6.0.1, rooted), which I want to connect to a heart rate monitor (bluetooth low energy = BLE, chest belt) and a bike sensor (also BLE).
    I put brand-new batteries in both sensors, and they show up fine in S5 Bluetooth scans ("Bike Combo sensor", "BLE Chest strap"). I also made sure to make the S5 visible to other devices.
    When I select one of the sensors, the S5 will try "Pairing..." for a couple of seconds, then I get an error message "Can't communicate with Bike Combo sensor" (or chest strap, depending on which I'm pairing to).

That sucks. Please help.

For diagnostic purposes, here's some extra information:
    I have paired my S5 with lots of other devices (speakers, computers, other phones) without trouble. I was not connected to any other Bluetooth devices when I tried connecting to the sensors.
    My wife's Motorola X Style and iPad connect to the sensors just fine.
    I revived a second old S5 (same android, also rooted) that I have lying around the house. Both S5 have the same trouble connecting to the sensors.

HELP!
    09-20-2016 03:09 AM
    So... After trying for weeks to PAIR my BLE heart rate monitor, I figured it out today:

BLE devices SHOULD NOT BE PAIRED!

Read e.g. https://support.runkeeper.com/hc/en-...-Rate-Monitor-
    2B. If you are using a BTLE HRM, do not pair the HRM to your phone and proceed to step 3
    Instead, the app (e.g. Runkeeper) has a way to connect to the sensor (little heart symbol on the start screen)...

So it's the app that has to find the BLE device, no pairing...
    Dummy answer, so I can track answers to my own question. Sorry, I wasn't logged in when I posted.
    09-20-2016 03:10 AM
    So... After trying for weeks to PAIR my BLE heart rate monitor, I figured it out today:

BLE devices SHOULD NOT BE PAIRED!

Read e.g. https://support.runkeeper.com/hc/en-...-Rate-Monitor-
    2B. If you are using a BTLE HRM, do not pair the HRM to your phone and proceed to step 3
    Instead, the app (e.g. Runkeeper) has a way to connect to the sensor (little heart symbol on the start screen)...

So it's the app that has to find the BLE device, no pairing...
    10-08-2016 06:54 PM
    Thanks for posting back with a great answer to your problem.
    10-08-2016 07:28 PM