So one night I got crazy and installed tons of apps that have background processing on my galaxy tab 8.0, they were draining its battery really fast.android itself suggested to limit some of them to improve my battery life on the notifications tab, I tapped on that notification and limited some of them.

now 2 weeks later Ive found that my individual alarm app that I use doesnt ring anymore, I need to get access to that limiting feature again to see if I have limited my alarm app or not,but I dont seem to find it anywhere in the settings, googling doesnt help either because it only finds those articles that are advertising some background process limiting app indirectly.

I know uninstalling and reinstalling my alarm app or some other usual routhins can fix the problem, but I need to know what exactly is causing its alarms to not go off to prevent it in the future, I can lose my job if I oversleep again.
    09-20-2016 09:57 AM
    If you have developer options on that device, you can limit background processes from there. Also activate and turn off apps processes there... With the phones, you tap the build number to turn developer options on
    09-20-2016 11:15 PM
    If you have developer options on that device, you can limit background processes from there. Also activate and turn off apps processes there... With the phones, you tap the build number to turn developer options on
    Ive already looked there, there is a limiting background processes function in there, which is set to standard limit, but other than that there's nothing else.
    When I tapped on that notification it opened a whole solid page of settings where there were several options like limit background processes if the app is not opened in certain amount of days. or limit them immediately,etc
    I cant believe android has this whole feature but nobody is aware of it or is talking about it on the internet !
    09-21-2016 06:33 AM
    Sounds like the Samsung battery optimizer, but I didn't think the Tab 8.0 had that. In my S7 it's in Battery>scroll down to optimize>details.
    09-21-2016 07:15 AM
    Sounds like the Samsung battery optimizer, but I didn't think the Tab 8.0 had that. In my S7 it's in Battery>scroll down to optimize>details.
    Yeah I looked that up and definitely its samsung's "app optimisation". Im 100% sure because Im seeing its screenhots and its exactly what I saw that day,
    Now the problem is its not in my battery settings ! so looks like tab 8.0 has this feature but its not accessible by user through the settings.this is so weird..
    09-21-2016 07:35 AM