Can replacement devices be mirrored from previous device?

A

AC Question

I am new to android, been an ios guy since the 3gs dropped. Purchased the Note 7 (love it), recall/replacement was picked up yesterday and configuration was "supposedly" copied over to new phone.....DISASTER!! Apps that were in folders didn't come back, all of my customization's (animations off, developer mode, voice activation on camera, game settings etc) were lost. Music that was on the SD card, once it was unmounted....all gone, pictures came over fine. The only thing I didn't have to do was go back to the google store and download apps again. Apple phones when replaced absolutely no issues. Is this the norm with android? I cannot go through this again!! Thanks in advance for any help given.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, some settings you're referring to above relate to the phone, not the user - so things like developer options, camera settings etc won't be carried over on to another phone when you switch over. Certain app layouts on the phone will also not come over, but these are small tasks and take no time to replace. With regards to the SD card, when you put the card in the new phone did you have to format the SD card?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63