Why is my portable charger not functioning?

A

AC Question

I charged my portable charger till it was full then plugged it into my phone after a few days and there was no led light. I thought there was no battery left so I plugged it into a switch but there is still battery in it. I'm confused... What is the problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Portable chargers are things you plug into the wall on one end and the phone on the other. Are you talking about a power bank (something with its own battery)? If that's the case, it could be a defective power pack OR a defective charging port (or charging circuit) on the phone. And that's about as far as anyone can go by diagnosing it with the information you gave. (Measure the output voltage of the power bank when it's plugged into the phone and tell us what it is - after creating an account here, so you can answer in the same thread.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that after charging the portable battery, and then trying to charge the phone with the portable battery, it didn't seem to charge the phone at all? Was there no lightning bolt in the battery icon while the portable battery was connected?

thriller21

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
You don't have to plug portable chargers into the wall. The kind of portable charger/power bank they are discussing actually has no wires except usb cables. They are just referred to by several different names. Battery pack/ battery charger are others.

As to the issues that person was concerned about they may just have faulty charge indicator lights. But it sounds like it still charges so all is not lost. But if they are still under warranty and want to replace thats fine, but it seems the charging ports still work fine.