Why does my wifi keep turning on and off?

A

AC Question

I have recently updated my GS7 edge to the latest firmware. Sincethe update, whenever i turn off the wifi, it keeps turning itself back on and off in an endless cycle. This is causing the phone to heat up, lag which I had not experienced before and of course battery drain.
Everything works smoothely if the wifi is turned on and connected to a network

schmandroid

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
i have had exactly the same problem for a day or two. while disabling "location>improve accuracy>wifi scanning" stops the bug temporarily it doesn't really solve the problem. wifi scanning is an important location feature when navigating. in narrow streets or in buildings one usually does not have gps reception, also the wifi scanning technique for determining the devices location is usually faster and uses less battery than gps (how ironic).

this bug is extremely annoying. i am on an unbranded, unrooted s5 on 6.0.1 (g900f). i can not believe that this also happens with s7 and pixel phones, this is really ridiculous (check similar thread at http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...urning-itself-off-constantly.html#post5558438. if anyone finds a permanent solution for this problem, please tell us!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana