Can I (and how do i) edit the build.prop without rooting?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I am really new to all this, so I hope some of you veterans can help me. I'm sorry for the long text.

I am currently working on changing the build.prop file on a OnePlus 3 (A3003), running Android v. 6.0.1, OxygenOS-version 3.2.7

I bought it for my boss, who needed a phone which can use two sim cards. He has a Samsung Gear 2 watch, that he need to run with the phone (and I have already explained for him, that the first Gear series, only want to talk with Samsung phones, but he is not interested in buying a new watch...).
Still, I found a guide, that explains how to change the build.prop, to make the phone think it is a Samsung.

I also found a guide on how to change the build.prop without rooting on OnePlus 3, though it is for fixing the memory management.

I have managed to install twrp, though I cannot open it when I go through bootloader. If I ask in cmd.exe, it says it is installed.

I have also managed to extract the build.prop file and edit what I needed to change, in Notepad++

My problem now, is that I cannot push the build.prop file into the phone.

I have tried using a ton of different commands, which should allow to change the file from read only to read and write, but whatever I do, nothing changes.

Can anyone help me push the edited build.prop file into the phone, without having to root the phone?!

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am really new to all this, so I hope some of you veterans can help me. I'm sorry for the long text.

I am currently working on changing the build.prop file on a OnePlus 3 (A3003), running Android v. 6.0.1, OxygenOS-version 3.2.7

I bought it for my boss, who needed a phone which can use two sim cards. He has a Samsung Gear 2 watch, that he need to run with the phone (and I have already explained for him, that the first Gear series, only want to talk with Samsung phones, but he is not interested in buying a new watch...).
Still, I found a guide, that explains how to change the build.prop, to make the phone think it is a Samsung.

I also found a guide on how to change the build.prop without rooting on OnePlus 3, though it is for fixing the memory management.

I have managed to install twrp, though I cannot open it when I go through bootloader. If I ask in cmd.exe, it says it is installed.

I have also managed to extract the build.prop file and edit what I needed to change, in Notepad++

My problem now, is that I cannot push the build.prop file into the phone.

I have tried using a ton of different commands, which should allow to change the file from read only to read and write, but whatever I do, nothing changes.

Can anyone help me push the edited build.prop file into the phone, without having to root the phone?!
You can do "adb push (location of your build.prop file in your PC) /sdcard" and then you can use TWRP to move build.prop file into /system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87