Photos everywhere

A

AC Question

Hi
I'm new to Android. Previous BlackBerry 10 and Windows 10 phones. I transferred my photos on a sd card. My current photo viewing app is A+ Gallery. My pictures / photos now appear in a range of albums on the app. I think the app is influenced by file names written by the Windows phone.

How do I arrange all photos into one folder and just arrange them in order of date.
Any recommended viewer apps ?
My phone is a BlackBerry PRIV.

Regards

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The name of the "album" is the last name of the fully-qualified path of the folder in which the picture file is located - so you can have many albums with the same name, etc. Use a file manager to copy and paste all your photos where you want them (then delete the originals - moving, if it blows up, can leave you with no file). After moving pictures around and deleting files, restart the phone, so that Media Scanner will find all the new locations.

Gallery, depending on the version, may or may not sort. QuickPic does. They all show the same pictures, though - the ones found by Media Scanner when you turn the phone on or restart it (or run media.Re.Scan).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress