Screen keeps turning on when using timer

A

AC Question

I use the timer on my Samsung Gear s2 frequently. I start the clock then back out of the timer app and let the screen dim. I go back from time to time to check how long I'm cooking or whatever. Recently, the screen started turning on after about 30 seconds or so and now the battery only last a half day. I assume there was an update for this but it's killing my battery. Is there a way of turning off this new auto-screen feature?

vladio007

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, of course.

I've owned this watch for almost a year. I use the timer for cooking and other uses that I like to time. I've always started the timer and hit the bottom right button to back to the "home" screen and let it go back to sleep. Now, after about 30 seconds, the screen comes back on in it's brightest setting and will stay on until I turn the timer off. My battery used to last a day and now it last about a half-day, sometime much less depending on the amount of timer use.

vladio007

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
First, my apologies, I meant the stopwatch not the timer.

I wiped the watch and reset to the original os version and the timer works without the screen coming on. If I allow the watch to update to the newest version it goes back to turning the screen on. Seems as though this has to do with the latest update.