Why is my S7 Galaxy battery draining so fast?

A

AC Question

I have owned many Android phones in the past. I love the S7, but from day ONE, it was almost unusable. I mean, it cannot go without a charge, practically speaking, for more than 4 hours - if you use it at all during that time. Of course, if you just leave it in cool location, turned off, or not in use, it lasts much longer!

But seriously - is this phone just bad? Or is it just more like a land line phone - something to use at home?

It's odd, because the battery is bigger than any other! Except the S7 Edge tablet, which starts on fire. And the iPhone 7. But with such a big battery, what is the problem?

I have installed (and uninstalled) many cleaners and booster. So far, only Clean My Android has any effect. But only to make the phone useable when it is charged.

I need some advice, please!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It'd be helpful to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

I would recommend against any kind of "RAM booster" apps. These apps typically cause more problems than they claim to solve, and can also be associated with adware or even malware. Let the Android system take care of RAM management.

eonstein377

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering if your battery problem is caused by the same thing as mine. Just lately i have noticed a very rapid battery drain on facebook. When i open facebook the main page opens but the column on the right with various ads etc will not open, the load circle just keeps spinning. Battery is flat in less than 1 hour. Have tried uninstalling facebook & reinstalling still the same. Have reset to manufacture. Still the same. Sorry to tell you i have no answer as yet

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! As B. Diddy has said, please post screenshots of your battery usage over the course of a day.

Also, when did you get this device? If it's still very new, it will take a few charging cycles to present an accurate depiction of typical battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch