LG L34C - Sudden "Security error," now dead!

A

AC Question

Hello all-

I've had this phone for nearly 2 years, and have never had this problem before. After charging all night, I had the phone in the pocket of my jeans while I walked to the bus stop. Once I got to work, I put it on my desk, and noticed it was off. I thought perhaps the power button got bumped when I sat down or something (this has happened before), so I just tried to turn it on. I got the usual little vibration at the power button, and figured it had turned on. Picked it up a while later, and realized it was off again. This time when I tried powering up, I got the "Security Error" message along with the LG logo. After about 2 seconds, it shut down.

I looked on the web for some advice, as I'd never seen this before, and tried 1.) trying to do a hard reset with Power + Vol Dn (as in the 34C manual), 2.) taking battery out for 10 minutes, replacing and trying to power up again. First time, I tried the previous key combo, then I saw recommendations to try Power + Vol Dn + Home. Neither worked, and after these two tries, now I don't even get the vibration from the Power button. It's completely dead.

I'm at work, so I can't download anything to try flashing firmware, and I also only have a USB charging cable here. I will be able to try some things later, like checking the battery (still the original one), using the AC charger, etc.

This is a Straight Talk phone, and I haven't rooted it. It did have an SD card in it, which I also removed when trying to power up.

Any ideas??

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
It is toast. I've had 3 fuels, one with same error. There is no fix that I have found, the bootloader is locked and something has tripped it. They are notoriously bad phones. On another fuel I have the internal memory crapped out and it won't even light up when I plug in the charger.

I noticed that anytime I put it in my jeans pocket they overheat and reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress