What is a good way to transfer apps between Google accounts?

halepineapple

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I did some searching on this forum & elsewhere, but I don't see that this topic has been much addressed:

What is a good way to transfer apps between two Google accounts on the same phone?

I have had 2 Google accounts for years, one personal and one for work. For now-unimportant reasons, all the apps on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 were installed using my work account, and the paid ones were paid for using that account (with my money). But I quit my job because my company was doing some shady **** that I want nothing to do with, and now I want all the exact same apps moved to my personal account, after which I will delete the work account. It seems I could:

1) Start from scratch using my personal account, and buy again, re-install, and re-configure hundreds of apps one at a time (which seems like a lot of work, and pointlessly expensive); or,

2) Get a third Google account, and shuffle-rename until my work and personal accounts are switched, and what was my work account now is my personal account but still has all my apps (Account B renamed to C → account A renamed to B → Delete accounts A & C; which seems like a kludgy workaround that might fail and cause me to lose my accounts and my apps).

Am I missing a good way to do this?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There is no good way. You can try contacting developers to see if they'll give you a code to transfer the license but I don't think you'll get positive results in most cases.

Option 1 is probably the best bet.