Unfamiliar icon - version 6.0.1

A

AC Question

There is an icon- a circle with two short horizontal dashes inside - on menu bar. Looks like a face emoji with squinting eyes. The drop down menu doesn't show the icon so I don't Know what it's linked to. Appeared days after upgrading to 6.0.1.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? Can you access the notification log? I'd recommend you to create a free account here at Android Central, so you can post a screenshot with that icon and reply in your thread.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say it's in the menu bar, do you mean the status bar at the top of the screen? If so, is it on the left or right side?

The notification log isn't the same as the notification panel. It's a little convoluted to access the log, but go through the process of adding a widget, and choose the Settings widget. When you place that widget, it will ask you what Setting you want -- Notification Log should be an option, so select that. Now tap the widget and see if that icon shows up as a notification.

But if it's on the right side of the status bar, it's not a notification, so it probably won't be there. It might be the Do Not Disturb icon. What happens if you increase the volume by pressing Volume Up -- do you see anything about Do Not Disturb there?

D7G7

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I did read the other posting about the "hidden" notification. Nothing happens when I change the volume. However, the unfamiliar icon may have been lonked to a weather app - Weather Underground. The app was asking me to rate it. Once I declined, the circle/dash icon switched to the current temperature. I have not seen it since. If this is a "hidden" notification (yes, it's on the left side of the status bar), is this a new feature related to the 6.0.1 version?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress