Knowing I had audio recording on my Samsung Galaxy S7, I decided to record 1 hour using the Memo app that comes standard on the phone. After struggling to get it onto my computer, I was unable to open it to play. The file extension .memo is unrecognizable.

So I called Samsung. I was advised to change the .memo extension to .mp3 - which proved unsuccessful as the recording still will not play.

I download VLC to convert the file to an mp3. The .memo file will play on VLC but will not convert to a playable file. I tried to open both file extensions in Adobe Media Encoder, where I also get an error message with the extension.

Does anyone know how to make an audio memo from this standard app be readable on any other device?

I have since downloaded the Voice Recorder app from the Play Store, but would love to salvage this file.
    02-02-2017 12:18 AM
    I download VLC to convert the file to an mp3. The .memo file will play on VLC but will not convert to a playable file.
    What is the error message you get from the conversion screen?
    Are you trying this conversion on your phone or on your computer?
    02-02-2017 04:34 PM
    Hi @maniacjoe - The VLC converter lets me go through the steps of COnvert/Save, choose file type, then when I press Save it blanks out and the .memo file is no longer in the player.
    02-02-2017 06:19 PM
    What is the error message you get from the conversion screen?
    Are you trying this conversion on your phone or on your computer?
    The VLC converter lets me go through the steps of COnvert/Save, choose file type, then when I press Save it blanks out and the .memo file is no longer in the player.
    02-02-2017 06:20 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem, and I've tried using VLC, Video Grabber, and iTunes with no luck. I attempted iTunes simply because some of the articles I've read stated it could convert the file.

Any assistance with getting this file converted would be greatly appreciated.
    06-07-2017 06:27 AM