SD card data overwritten

A

AC Question

Android v6.0.2 Moto X Play. SD card is formatted as internal storage. Suddenly the SD card is not showing up. When I ejected and re-mount it, everything is gone but the memory occupied is still showing as the previous one i.e. the memory that have been earlier, but the folders are all empty.

alkgautam

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
No I didn't physically ejected the sd card, there is an option to eject before actually ejecting. By the way the problem arise before ejecting or re-mounting. All the SD card content become invisible although the space occupied remains same. After ejecting (not physically) and again mounting, new folders were created as if I inserted a new SD card, but again the space occupied remains same.

Screenshot_20170215-232858.jpg

Screenshot_20170215-232920.jpg

As you can see the total size do not adds up to the size occupied.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What kinds of files are missing? Photos? Are any apps that you had installed before now gone?

I've seen various issues described on these forums about Adoptable Storage on Moto devices. It seems like their implementation of this feature has been a bit buggy.

alkgautam

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Actually the apps that I've moved to SD card are available but their data are gone also rest of music, photos, videos are also not visible just space is occupied with new folders created.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy