Why does my Samsung Galaxy S4 crash every time I try to play a song or video?

A

AC Question

Note, i've had this phone since 2013.

My Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 has been having multiple problems for a good 4 months now with it playing anything from downloaded MP3's downloaded MP4's, Youtube videos, Soundcloud music, Facebook videos, etc. Anything that has audio or video it just simply never plays, takes forever to leave the app running the music/videos, crashes, and then repeats itself if I do it again.

The problems leading up to this point:
---------- ------------ -------------- -------------
*The first problem that I had with it was the aux plug-in. Only my earbuds would work but not an aux cord connected to my phone. I found it frustrating but it was whatever.

*Then ANYTHING that played back music or videos would never play and overheat my phone and then crash the app. Nothing worked, not resting my phone, not taking out the battery, not wiping the cache partition for hours on end, until I really got annoyed and factory reset my phone for good.

*After factory resetting my phone, videos and music would work but only if you connected any bluetooth speaker or bluetooth headphones. It would still play the video and music but you would hear no audio of it if you didn't have the bluetooth connected to it.

*Then after a good two months of not having anymore crashes and all that bull**** all of a sudden last weekend it did the same thing, not wanting to play any music or videos of ANY kind even though I had my bluetooth connected to it.

*I gave up on my phone for a little bit until today where I charged it full overnight and factory reset it. It worked for a good couple of hours until it had the same problems AGAIN. I kept factory resetting it, wiping the cache partition over and over again, wiping the cache partition and factory resetting it. I was trying to do ANYTHING to fix this problem. But it wouldn't budge. My phone still works normally and doesn't crash on other apps like Kik and Facebook (if I don't tap on the videos).

*Not to mention it heats up all the time no matter how many times I close all the apps running.

Anyone know the problem to my device?
I really feel like i'm the only one with this type of problem because i've tried looking aimlessly on other sites trying to pinpoint what the problem might be.
Please help.