Can I avoid even the minor Android upgrades?

A

AC Question

Will a UK OTA update to Lollipop 5.1 remove band 12 support the same as it does in the us?

I was thinking of buying a Moto E2 (the LTE version) to use as a back-up phone. I would like to be able to use band 12 and I know that, in the US, the OTA update to android 5.1 disables support for band 12. I was wondering whether I could simply get the update the next time I am in England (I'm there often). Would the UK update maybe not disable band 12. Any thoughts?

A

AC Question

Is it possible to set up the Moto E2015 so that it does not install ANY Android updates at all? I might want to prevent the installation of 5.1 to avoid disabling band 12 but I don't know if Android allows one to reject absolutely all updates?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Turning off the auto-updates of the OS will prevent the phone from automatically updating the OS. Instead, you get a message prompting you to manually do the update, which you can then accept or decline.

In the Google Play Store settings, you can turn off the auto-updates of apps, so that you are prompted to manually do the updates, which you can then ignore.