Android Messages RCS and iPhone iMessage

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I have used an iPhone and Android on and off for 10 years. I currently have the iPhone 7 Plus. I was looking to get the Galaxy S8+. My main issue with Android has been SMS/MMS. Whenever you receive a video from someone using an iPhone (most people I know) the video quality is crap due to the limitations by the apps and carriers. iPhone doesn't have this issue with iMessage when you send to other iMessage users unless there is an Android user in the group.

My question is I know the Android Messages app supports RCS. If my wife who has an iPhone sends me a video and I have the Android Messages app on my S8+ is the video going to be degraded like usual or is this fixed with the Android Messages RCS app? I would like to know before I try to upgrade.

Thanks!
Dominick

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I have used an iPhone and Android on and off for 10 years. I currently have the iPhone 7 Plus. I was looking to get the Galaxy S8+. My main issue with Android has been SMS/MMS. Whenever you receive a video from someone using an iPhone (most people I know) the video quality is crap due to the limitations by the apps and carriers. iPhone doesn't have this issue with iMessage when you send to other iMessage users unless there is an Android user in the group.

My question is I know the Android Messages app supports RCS. If my wife who has an iPhone sends me a video and I have the Android Messages app on my S8+ is the video going to be degraded like usual or is this fixed with the Android Messages RCS app? I would like to know before I try to upgrade.

Thanks!
Dominick

I don't think Apple supports RCS right now.

Last edited: