The previous way to set alarm time in default clock, where you clicked a clockface was much better then the current were you swipe a roller.

Is there a setting or way tog get that back?
    04-23-2017 08:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?
    04-24-2017 02:55 AM
    Hi <AC Question>. Yes there is.

I also liked the old circular time picker, so I searched, and with success. I found the install file:
    • com.google.android.deskclock-3.0.0-301-minAPI17.apk

It's on apkmirror.com; no longer on Google Play. Download it into a folder on your android, such as "keeper apps", and install it. But save it on your external card, so can use it after other OS upgrades; maybe, if it still works then.

Then put a widget on your home screen. To do this you will need to hunt a bit to find the correct widget. In the list of widgets you will see a whole bunch of different ones that will look very similar, but it's a mix of the old version clock and the current version clock. Very likely the old version is one of the digital clocks. Only once did it show as the old blackfaced widget. The newer one is bluefaced on my Android. I just worked through them until I found the one with the circular picker.

Don't uninstall the current version that runs with your current OS (probably won't allow you anyway). That version is/may be needed/used by various services that need a clock/timer function, but will just work in background. I have had no interference with the older 3.0.0 version, which I use for the alarm function, mainly because of the easy way to set an alarm. Also, on the next OS update the "current version" can very possibly be replaced (without warning). So if you like the old version, keeping the old .apk is a good idea.

All in all it was satisfactory to find an older version of an app that works well and is user-friendly. I don't know why things need to change. It seems that things get changed for the simple sake of change. Is this really necessary. Or is it done to pretend there is something better. In this case not. Please Google, KEEP IT USER-FRIENDLY (yes, I know I am shouting).
    05-05-2017 11:35 AM