Why does the sound play out of internal speakers instead of plugged in headphones?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I'm using Google Pixel with Android 7.1.2. I've had it for about 2 weeks, and haven't had a problem since, until yesterday after I plugged in my headphones (same set-up used for 2 weeks with no issue), the music continued to play out of the internal speakers. The only thing that makes them work is restarting the phone, but if I haven't played anything for a while, the restart has to repeated, because the initial issue keeps happening. I've tried different headphones and issue remains. Using Play Music app initially, but tried others, yet the issue remains. Also checked for any debris in the jack, but it's all clear.

Any idea what could be the issue, or has this been a recurring issue with other android users, since I've searched people's threads from 2013/14/15 and some users have had similar experiences, but aside from the troubleshoot I've already tried, I have not found a solution.

Thank you very much for any time you spend on this, deeply appreciated!!!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Welcome to AndroidCentral 😃

Sorry to hear about your headphone jack problem. I would normally say that maybe the headphone jack inside the Pixel has become faulty and needs replacing but if it works after a restart then it's probably just a bug in the software.

Before you try my suggestion, just see what others members suggest. I would say, try doing a factory reset. + Maybe get some compressed air and lightly 'spray' into the hole. There could potentially be something in there that you can't see. Hope this helps a bit.

Here is a link to Google's site which gives step by step instructions on how to do it.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/4596836?hl=en

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87