Help with missing memory?

A

AC Question

In the storage section Android states I am using 3.51 gigs of memory of my 4 gigs. It says 2.64 gigs is system memory, 464 MB is apps, and 8mb in the cache. However that still comes up to less than 3.1 gigs so where is the other 400 MB? This 400 MB is what's causing the annoying alert notifications to constantly appear as well as phone functionality issues.

Also I do not have any additional apps stored in the internal storage, only system files and apps. This much memory wasn't taken up when I started using the phone, so what is causing more space to be taken up?

Thank you all in advance for any help given

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first.

A 4 GB phone is virtually unusable these days, because internal storage will get used up very quickly. It doesn't really matter if there's a discrepancy of 400 MB -- you'll keep bumping up against the insufficient storage warning. I know this isn't the answer you want, but I'd highly recommend looking for a new device with at least 16 GB of internal storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante