Can I keep listening to a song that was a free download but caused a virus if I'm now protected?

A

AC Question

I downloaded a free song today and instantly received a message that I had a virus. I followed the instructions to install DFNDR. Can I still listen to the song or do I need to delete it? If I listen to it, will it infect my phone every time? Or the malware protection on my phone will now keep it from doing any further damage?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You really want to continue listening to a song that has a virus? DFNDR should have either removed or quarantined the song. If you can still see it, remove it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Wait, the warning box included instructions to download DFNDR? That app itself is the problem, you fell for the trick to get you to install the actual malware app. I suggest removing DFNDR and, if possible, do a full factory reset of the device.