Why does my phone keep turning off at 30- 40% battery

Seby Seby

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Hello. I have a problem with my Samsung galaxy core prime. My phone suddenly turns off when the battery is 30-40% with no warning. After i connect it to the charger, it eighter goes back to 20-30% or starts from 1%. Can be my Android lollipop's fault? What can i do? The turn off- points keep raising.. started from 20% and now is around 40. I changed my battery and i have the same problem.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The new battery also comes back (after you connect the charger) at a much lower charge than when it shuts off? That would be unusual, because a phone turning off, then starting a charge from a much lower point usually indicates that the battery is growing a dendrite, and while that's not rare, it's not common either. To replace a battery with a dendrite with another one that immediately grows a dendrite is very rare. (If the phone turns off at about the same state of charge every time, and you don't have it set to turn off at that SoC, it's almost always a dendrite.)

(See Lithium Battery Dendrite links if you want to know how bad lithium batteries really are.)

Seby Seby

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I get the same results with the old or new battery.. I switched so much to test if the problem is the battery that i don't even know which one I'm using right now. The battery drains very fast and when it reachs around 37% there are 2 situations: the screen freezes and if i don't charge, it will turn off or it suddenly turns off. If it turns off, i get another 2 situations: charging from 1% or in 2 seconds of charging it goes back to 30% and starts charging