Sent emails not appearing in the "Sent" folder on the phone

nevaeva

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I have set up my Hotmail account on my phone. It is syncronized with Windows Live Mail and Outlook.com. It was working fine until recently, however now sent emails are not appearing in the "Sent" folder on the phone, even for those emails sent from the phone. They do, however, appear in the corresponding folders in WML and Outlook.com.

nevaeva

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
The phone is Medion P4502, the standard email app. The account is set up as IMAP. It was working fine before, but now sent emails only appear in the "Sent" folder in WML and Outlook, but not on the phone, even if I use the phone to send them.

On the other hand, deleted emails are synchronising perfectly - they appear in the "Trash" folder on the phone, and in the "Deleted" folder in WML and in Outlook.com regardless of where I delete them, no problems there. Inbox is also synchronising ok, although I do need to manually refresh it sometimes on the phone to see the latest messages.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Check the email app settings to make sure the sent messages are getting saved at all.

Check the other folders for the sent emails. I have all my apps set to save the sent emails in the same folder as the received emails.

dacelo

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and it doesn't matter which email client I use - stock or other apps. I've tried several. On no device does an email sent from my IMAP account on my Samsung Galaxy S7 appear in the Sent folder. I had thought it was a Samsung issue but after reading this thread, it looks to be an Android problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Folders" in IMAP are artifacts created on-the-fly by the email app, they don't exist on the server. If you go to the server (with a browser) and change the account to POP3, the folders actually exist on the server. (But if you delete an email on the phone, it's deleted on the server as well.)

The "problem" is actually in understanding how email works - it's not as simple as it looks.