Data Recovery Tool Damaged System Files - Need Help!

A

AC Question

I deleted some contacts when I was drunk about a week ago. Yesterday I tried to recover them and used Dr. Fone's Data Recovery Tool. Once it was done I saw they were already overwritten so there was nothing I could do about them. But ever since I keep getting this message from SecurityLogAgent: "Security Notice - Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your device to undo any unauthorized changes." Now everything I find online to solve that is factory reset, so I did that. Didn't work. When I set up my phone I wanted to check for new Software updates. A pop-up stopped me from doing that: " The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software uldates using Smart Switch on your computer or visit a customer service center." So I went back to googling again and found out this only happens to rooted devices. Root Checker apps installed - none of them were positive. What do I do now?

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is that Dr. Fone did install some files on my phone. My guess is they're the problem but I have no clue what to do now. Help me!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A poster recently mentioned that Dr. Fone temporarily rooted the device to do its stuff. If it does do that, perhaps that's why you're getting the message. You could try reflashing the stock firmware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984