Htc 820 not updating the OS.

A

AC Question

I still have 4.4.4 as my OS and I downloaded the lollipop but when I install it the phone reboots as usual and shows that the update is being installed but after a the installation bar reaches a certain length it automatically shows a red triangle with an exclamation mark! Please help. It has got yellow patches on the screen too.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you download Lollipop from? Is it an official system update OTA, or are you manually installing a ROM?

Vexon9

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
Okay so my older brother gave me this phone and he told me it wasn't rooted properly,when I checked for the same every other app said it's not rooted. The lollipop is an official system update OTA. Thank you!

Vexon9

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
No there was no custom Rom installed. (off the main topic )I even tried rooting my J7 earlier and ended up it saying kernel is not seandroid enforcing. Another wise my J7 works fine.Thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either you root the phone and stay with the version of Android you have, or you do without rooting until after you update it (and find a rooting method for that model 920 (there are different models, depending on where it was designed to be used) and for the version of Android you're updating to (since it's the ROM that gets rooted). If there's no root method for Lollypop for the 820, then your choice is 4.4.4 rooted or 5 unrooted.

TWRP and CWM aren't official recoveries - you have to find one for your model phone (I don't see TWRP for the 820).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38