How do I remove File Manager?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Somehow I have this File Manager app on my Alcatel One Touch Idol 3. The one with the purple folder. The app has nothing to do with files. It's more doing things like boosting, scanning, etc. I desperately want this app removed as I believe it is a resource pig, among a few other unpleasant terms. Anyways I cannot uninstall it. Everything is grayed out, I can hit force stop and it does disappear for a few minutes but comes back. I went to device administrator to uncheck it and it is not there. I rebooted in safe mode and still cannot find it to uninstall. No one seems to know how to get rid of this thing. Has anyone encountered this problem and solved it?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That sounds like File Manager by Cheetah Mobile. Do you have any other app by CM installed in your phone? Have you tried uninstalling them first?

revjack

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
I just found this post that said, "this issue is there in most of the cheep chinese phones and tablets. these phones have pre installed trojan program which cannot be removed from the phone." They suggested Norootfirewall, available at Google Play. I am now too paranoid to use Google but I found it at Uptodown and it really stops programs from using the internet without your permission. It stoped File Manager as well as OfficeSuite (which I had previously uninstalled) from internet access. Now File Manager cannot reinstall itself. Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer