Use code Android10 andsave 10% on your first Upsie warranty
    I have accidentally installed/activated some sort of advertisement thing that gives me a call summary once I end a call along with a different advertisement each time. It has also changed my screen when I have an incoming call to show flashing disco lights. It is annoying the sh*t out of me. Please help! Pics attached to assist! TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone know how to disable this!??-10360.jpg  
    Floyd McClellan likes this.
    10-10-2017 02:55 AM
    I have accidentally installed/activated some sort of advertisement thing that gives me a call summary once I end a call along with a different advertisement each time. It has also changed my screen when I have an incoming call to show flashing disco lights. It is annoying the sh*t out of me. Please help! Pics attached to assist! TIA
    Welcome.

What device? Also, does it persist in Safe Mode?
    10-10-2017 05:35 AM
    Thanks for your reply I have an S8. The issue was fixed while safe mode was turned on but now issue has returned.
    Also, all my apps are now missing from home screen after safe mode. Know how to bring then back? Thank you
    10-10-2017 03:27 PM
    Replied below
    10-10-2017 03:31 PM
    Safe Mode disables third-party apps diagnostically, so if the trouble stops in Safe Mode, such an app is indicated as the cause. It can be difficult to find the one responsible, but you could start with whatever you downloaded just before the trouble started.

Return to normal mode - usually done by a Power Off and Restart of the device - and then Disable or Force Stop suspect apps one by one until the problem disappears. Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop and Uninstall that app.

Also, your Home Screen ought to return to normal when you return to normal mode. Has that not happened?
    Tim1954 likes this.
    10-10-2017 06:30 PM
    OK thanks! I will have a look and delete suspicious apps.

Unfortunately my apps still haven't returned to the home screen. Any other options?
    Should I 'restore' apps? I last backed up my phone on 9/oct. If I was to restore apps, would they double up (remembering apps are installed, just not on home screen)?
    10-10-2017 08:30 PM
    I have the same problem!! How do I get rid of (or keep from popping up) the annoying End Call Summary (see pic below)? The popup comes up every time I end a call, PLUS, every time I get a call (exact type of pic as tmck89's). I've deselected "notifications" of every app I can think of that might be remotely related to incoming/outgoing calls, but the summary still comes up. Please help if you can, or offer suggestions on what else I might be able to do.
    TIA!!

My phone: LG G6 (verizon), current update 8/7/2017.

Anyone know how to disable this!??-annoying-end-call-summary.jpg
    11-30-2017 01:39 PM
    Hi howdycake,

I have good news! (I should have posted the solution when I found it). I found that my flashlight/torch app had settings within the app which enable the call summaries and other issues that we both were experiencing. I just deleted the app, as there is hundreds of other flashlight apps to choose from. Hopefully you have the same app and it's an easy fix
    11-30-2017 03:30 PM
    Thanks tmck89!! I do have the "Flashlight" (version 1.4.2) app installed, and will be uninstalling it very soon!! How were you able to narrow it down to that particular app?

btw...putting my phone in Safe Mode did cure the problem, so my next step was to try and figure out which app was the culprit. Obviously, letting me know about Flashlight saved me a lot of time and effort, so thank you!!
    11-30-2017 04:05 PM
    Great news howdycake! I know how frustrated it made me so I'm glad I could help.

I also turned on safe mode, however it was another mission to find which app it was! I had a notification pop up one day, which looked related to the 'flashlight issue' and it also mentioned 'Flashlight' in the notification, so I went into the app and there it was!
    11-30-2017 04:14 PM
    Thanks again. I posted a similar question on this site but in another location, and gave you credit for solving the problem. Link below.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ml#post6091086
    11-30-2017 04:23 PM
    Did you download an app called Hi Security with a colored triangle? If so, uninstall it. This was causing the same thing on my phone with the disco lights. The app is embedded with spyware. Hope this helps.
    01-02-2019 01:48 PM