Why dose my android forget about the SIM inside it?

Clark Serex

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
I have a VERNEE Thor E. It is brand new and I am having some pretty annoying things happening on it. For starters, the SIM is in the phone and works fine. I can see my contacts and receive and make call etc. But for some reason. Sometimes when I go to make a call and go to my contacts list. The numbers are there but the details are not and sometimes there isn't even any numbers or just 1 it 2 are there. I haven't done anything since it was working last and when this happens I have to reboot the device and it's all back to normal. Now I wouldn't have a problem with this, if it was once a month or so but I am having to do this 4 or 5 times a day and it's driving me insane. Another problem that there is is that the mic,'might've work in a call. But most of the time I have to reboot for this to be solved also. Another problem is I rearranged my quick access bar at the top and this always reverts back to its usual arrangement after 10 mins or so. Any help would be grateful.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are your contacts actually saved to the SIM card, or are they in the phone's Internal Storage? Are you saying that sometimes you can't even make a call, or is it just that the contact details disappear?

What's the problem with the mic? Are you saying that sometimes it doesn't work while you're in a call? Is it more consistent if you use a wired or Bluetooth headset?

Clark Serex

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
Hello and thank you for the warm welcome.
My contacts are saved to the SIM. Sometimes the contacts detail are not there, just their numbers and when when I make a call when there are just the numbers the phone acts like it is making the call but just sits on the calling screen for about a minute or two then just closes. There is no ringing sound like what you normally get when you make a call. It is silent. Other times it there is 1 or 2 numbers or just 1 or 2 contacts or nothing at all.

With the mic it works for everything else (sound recorder, OK google etc) but when it comes to using it for a phone call to talk it dose not work at all, even if I switch to loudspeaker. Haven't tried wired headsets as don't want to have to use one for every call. But I suspect that it would work.

I have since then backed up my data and did a factory reset from the normal settings menu and since then It has been fine. I believe the problem was caused by an update not fully working due to me probably playing around with my new toy before it was ready.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I know that this isn't a direct answer to the contact issue, but I would highly recommend saving your contacts to your Google account instead of just leaving them on the SIM card. If you save them to your Google account, they're safe in your Google Contacts in the cloud, so if something were to happen to the phone, you won't have lost all of that data. In addition, these contacts will sync easily with any new device you start using. SIM cards also have very limited storage capacity -- I think they can store at most 250 contacts.

Glad to hear the factory reset seems to have fixed things -- let us know if problems come up again!

Clark Serex

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
hello again. I though I'd fix the problem but no. But I've figured out what the problem is. it seems to be that when ever I use the endurance mode (ultra power saver) and exit that mode to go back to normal mode that the problems start. I have since not used this feature (because to be honest the 5000+ mAh battery is more than enough for me to get me through a few days) and I have had no problems whatsoever and it's been great. Now I just need to know what component this would fall under so I can report it to android bugs. I'm new to androids and still don't know alot about them or how they work.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You should probably report that to the manufacturer, since ultra power-saving modes are added by the manufacturer -- it's not a native Android feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow