Why can't I edit my imported contacts?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I imported my contacts from my iPhone to my LG V30. I want to make some edits, and when I click on 'Edit' the edit display opens for a split second and closes. Sometimes it doesn't open at all. I can create new contacts and edit them any time.

The imported contacts are part of some Group. Does that mean anything?

This is my first Android phone after a brief failed attempt with a Samsung Note 2 (great phone, but Android was NOT ready for prime time). So this is all new. I like the LG V30 very much, and the transition has been easy--all except for this little problem.

Thanks in advance!!!

DebV

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
It's definitely a software issue. after a bit of playing around, I found that the only contacts you can edit are strictly Google contacts. Any other account contact will either not open the edit screen at all or flash the Edit screen then close it.

If a contact exists in Google AND another account, it may or may not allow updates.

Fix this please!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try this:

Turn on airplane mode. In contacts, go to the menu. Export. Delete all contacts. Restart the phone. Import the file you exported. You'll be given a choice of Device (or Phone), your Google account or any other account you have (like an LG account). Import to your Google account. When that's done, turn airplane mode off.

Now your contacts are backed up to Google and you can edit them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk