Unable to connect to google on android devices

numbatau

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I use a ZTE Blade V Plus phone with vanilla android 5.1, a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Samsung's android 6.0.1, and a Mac laptop running OSX Sierra 10.12. The phone I use as a wifi hotspot for the other two devices.

3.5 days ago I got errors on the phone and table, and after some investigation it appeared that it couldn't connect to the google play service. On the Mac there's no problems.

Rooting the phone to look at the hosts file showed only the localhost entry. My google account was accessible from my Mac. I don't have 2 factor authentication enabled. I factory reset my phone twice, and had different IP addresses each time. I still can't access google services from my phone or tablet, but have no problems with my google account or gmail on my Mac. Adding a google account on the phone gets the error message "Sorry, there seems to be a problem. Please try again." On my tablet, anything using the google account either won't work, works partially, or just sits there with a loading symbol. When registering for this forum on my tablet, I ticked the "I am not a robot" box, got an error message saying that "the website google.com is not responding" and the box would then untick. I had to do the registration from my Mac - with no problems again. ReCapcha is a google service..... Any ideas?