In landscape mode the nav bar does not disappear while typing

Virtuso

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I recently updated my Moto x play to nougat, I noticed that whenever I type in landscape mode the nav bar pops up along with a keyboard button which reduces the size of the keyboard- quite frankly I find it quite frustrating. This might be a stupid problem but please do help me out

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Usually the nav bar shows up on the right edge when you switch to landscape mode. Is this what you mean? The keyboard icon is to switch between input methods when you have more than one (for example, more than one keyboard installed or Google Voice typing).

Vegantichrist

Dec 28, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Usually the nav bar shows up on the right edge when you switch to landscape mode. Is this what you mean? The keyboard icon is to switch between input methods when you have more than one (for example, more than one keyboard installed or Google Voice typing).

Whenever I switch to landscape view, my keyboard is partially covered by the nav bar on the right, leaving me unable to use the right end of the keyboard. This happens with Fleksy and Swype. Any solution to this?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I switch to landscape view, my keyboard is partially covered by the nav bar on the right, leaving me unable to use the right end of the keyboard. This happens with Fleksy and Swype. Any solution to this?
Welcome to the forums. Is this happening on the X Play? On mine using landscape mode with Gboard or SwiftKey works fine. Have you already tried different keyboards?