Music pausing when taking phone out of pocket (LGV30)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,

I just got a new android LGV30 coming from a iPhone 6. I was wondering why almost every time I take the phone out of my pocket it pauses the music. I tested it and it seems that when I put my fingers around the top of the screen (near the headphone jack when the screen is off) it pauses or skips the music. It happens with any music app I use.

kalithas101

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
I think I have found the issue. I noticed when I push my headphones (where it connects at the socket) to the right it pauses the music. When I press it two times it skips to the next song. Why on earth would this be an issue?! I've been running into so many ridiculous problems and i'm coming very close to switching back to iPhone which is the last thing I want to do but i've never had so many random unnecessary problems in a phone. The original reason I got this phone was for the sound card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This kind of thing can happen for a few reasons:

1. The headphones might not be completely compatible with the phone. If the headphones have a microphone and remote control buttons, the configuration of the contact rings on the plug might be a little off -- this can happen if the headphones are "Made for iPhone," since iPhones use a slightly different headphone jack configuration. Check the packaging (or product description online) for those headphones to see if they're "Made for iPhone."

2. The headphone jack might have some debris in it that is interfering with the contacts -- use a can of compressed air to blow out the jack, and a toothpick to root around.

3. The headphone plug might not be pushed in all the way. A very basic suggestion, I know, but it's always worth asking -- when you plug it in, do you feel or hear it click into place? Some jacks are pretty tight, and people might think the plug is in all the way when it isn't.

4. The jack might just be faulty.

Have you tried other headphones? Do these current headphones do the same thing on other Android phones?