Question A54 can't hear when phone is in pocket

zspira

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Since I got my At&T A54 5G, when I am on the phone using Bluetooth, if I put my phone in the pocket, suddenly we can't hear each other. When I take my phone out of my pocket all of a sudden we hear each other again. I cannot find any setting that would seem to make this happen and it is highly annoying! TIA!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which pocket are you using? Strange as it may seem, the human body is actually pretty good at blocking Bluetooth signal, so if you put the phone in your back pocket, that might be enough to cause problems.

Also, there's no RFID-blocking lining or items in that pocket, are there? RFID-blocking wallets are common these days, so if you're putting your phone right near a wallet like that, it might cause problems.

zspira

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Which pocket are you using? Strange as it may seem, the human body is actually pretty good at blocking Bluetooth signal, so if you put the phone in your back pocket, that might be enough to cause problems.

Also, there's no RFID-blocking lining or items in that pocket, are there? RFID-blocking wallets are common these days, so if you're putting your phone right near a wallet like that, it might cause problems.
Front pants pocket. I NEVER had such an issue in my almost 30 years of carrying a cell phone.
No RFId in that pocket or anywhere near it.

zspira

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Does this also happen when listening to music or other media using your Bluetooth headphones?

Also, see if this happens in Safe Mode as well: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
No it only happens with using the phone as far as I know.

Interestingly today I was on the phone and and I noticed that the screen went off, at which time, shortly thereafter, the person the other end couldn't hear me. The phone was not in my pocket, it was on my table at the time. Now I'm wondering if I'm thinking pocket but the pocket has nothing to do with it, rather it has to do with the screen timeout? If that's the case, hopefully that's an easy fix!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you also test it in Safe Mode? If you have some 3rd party app that's interfering (like a battery-saver or "phone cleaner" app), that problem should go away in Safe Mode.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29