S8 games won't download to home screen, but rather it adds a third screen.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have my S8 set to download icons to the home screen, but instead of doing that, google play adds a third screen and downloads the icons there. I have two screens...home screen and a calendar screen. This was never an issue on any other Samsung.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have 2 home screens, one of which has a calendar on it. If there's no room for another icon on either screen, a new app will cause the launcher (the app you're running when you look at your home screens) to create another screen.

It's confusing - the screen you go to when you press the home button is a home screen, not the home screen. You can always long-press a blank spot on the screen, then choose which screen shows when you tap the home button.

But on the TouchWiz launcher (the one that comes with Samsung phones), you have a limited number of apps per screen. If you want more icons on a single screen, install something like Nova Launcher and you can have as many as 12 rows and 12 columns - 144 icons on one screen. (Of course, you'd have to make the icons so small that you probably won't be able to recognize them, but I normally run with 6 rows and 5 columns - which gives me a lot more space than TouchWiz does.