When connecting my phone to my PC, it only displays "Internal Storage" and "SD Card"?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When connecting my phone to my PC, it only displays "Internal Storage" and "SD Card"?

I need to access the root directory of my phone to place SuperSU.zip file but it doesn't show my phone's root directory when connected to my PC and trying to do adb push just tells me "failed to copy 'SuperSU.zip' to '//SuperSU.zip': Read-only file system"

Can anybody tell me if there's an easy fix for this? My phone is literally unrootable without custom recovery and you cannot even boot into the stock recovery, as it seems to not have one.

Carrier: Cricket Wireless
Model: ZTE Grand X 3
SKU: Z959
Version: 5.1.1

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: When connecting my phone to my PC, it only displays "Internal Storage" and "SD Card"?

First, I'd be careful with a phone like that - you could end up bricking it if it's that tightly locked up.

Second, the "SD Card" is your external storage. Open that, and you're at the root of the SD card, so drag the zip file to it. (You can't copy a file to the root of internal storage until it's rooted.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa