Malicious website

Sharkcountry

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
This website keeps opening up a new tab in Google chrome and telling me my phone is severely damaged do to some adult website that I have visited.I do visit those type of sites but I on the information about the site it told me that the site was not to be trusted and been stealing information on credit cards and other personal information. So I never clicked to go to the site but I did copy the website address the next thing I know it did it again but with a different web address so I copied that one too. What can I do to stop it? Thank you, Michael

kateyes66

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Sorry didn’t see forum at first (Android). Have you run a scan on it ?? Something like Mobile Security & Anti Theft Protection or one from google play Other than that I had something similar on my PC I had to delete the app (chrome) run the scan to make sure that all of the files were gone because it’s since its a hidden files though just deleting it on the surface won’t get rid of it do a complete scan again and reset the phone or you’re going to have to wipe clean (factory reset) if on pc. Hirens boot cd has good programs for spyware and malware. Good luck with it tho

Sharkcountry

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Kateyes66 and yes I have a galaxy amp prime with Android version 7.1
I ran a virus scan and everything is supposed to be fine. I remembered that the website said that the SIM card was heavily damaged, well I've had this phone for about 4 or 5 months and I've never had a SIM card put in it! Is there someplace that I could possibly send those websites too and they would check them out or would do something about it? I'm not that good that stuff and I surly didn't want to to the site myself?
Hey, so once again thank you for all your information and if by chance you find out anything more or think of anything else would please let me know? Thanks, Michael

Sharkcountry

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much for your help. It's really awesome that there are people and websites
out here who are willing to pass along their knowledge to help people like myself who really needs those answer.
Mahalo, Michael