Sony Z5C not detecting headphones

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

While I was listening to music, the phone suddenly stopped playing through the cans (Sony MDR-ZX310AP), and through the speakers.

I used the headphones with my laptop and 3DS, and everything worked properly; sound came through the headphones.

I then tried using other headphones and earbuds with my phone, and again - everything worked properly. I also cleaned the headphone socket, but to no avail.

I can't really tell what's the issue is here. Both devices seem to work fine, just not with each other.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the basic question, but are you certain the headphone plug is pushed all the way in? Some jacks can be pretty tight, which makes the user a little leery of pushing a headphone plug in too hard. That can lead the plug to be not fully seated, and increase the chance it loses contact.

brunja

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the basic question, but are you certain the headphone plug is pushed all the way in? Some jacks can be pretty tight, which makes the user a little leery of pushing a headphone plug in too hard. That can lead the plug to be not fully seated, and increase the chance it loses contact.

Yep, tried that. Still not working. Smart connect is disabled, and has been for a while.

On another forum, a user asked me if the 'Unsupported Headset' app had any storage; which it does - 16kb. I was thinking of clearing this and seeing how it goes.

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
My headphones are wired, but I cleared my connections anyway.
What do you mean by 'search mode and repair'?
Nvm, since they are wired. A common reason your cans maybe cutting out is that a notification occurs while you are listening to music which pauses the music app. Have you noticed this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall