How to send a custom SMS reply, not just the pre-installed responses.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Using the Verizon Messages + app on my LG Watch Style, I am unable to reply to messages with anything but the pre-installed "Ok", "In a meeting", "At the cinema", etc., etc., responses. I first see a blue "reply" arrow on the bottom center of the watch. If I tap that, a vertically oriented screen appears which includes (from top to bottom):
-"Reply to David"
-Voice to Text (I can tap this)
-"Ok"
-"Coming soon"
-"In a meeting"
-"Will talk later"

Etc, etc....several additional pre-programmed responses are available to tap.

Regardless of whether I swipe left/right/up/down or tap "reply to David", at no time can I respond via the keyboard.

I do have the Google Virtual hand-writing keyboard enabled.

A secondary issue, maybe or maybe not related...

If I open either the phone app or the text app to manually enter a new number, the screen that appears only includes the 1,2,4,5,7,8,* and 0.

It seems as if the keypad that should be appearing it too large for the screen. Swiping left/right, etc. does not produce the missing numbers.

I am wondering if the above dial pad issue is a sign that there is actually something wrong with the phone vs it being a function/setting that I have not yet discovered.

I wish I could upload photos of what I'm actually looking at here to help illustrate my issues. :(

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

-Wendy

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Some watches don't work well with some phones. You should have checked that before buying the watch.

2. Have you tried Voice to Text to send your own words?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE