Lock Screen auto-snoozes alarms from Clock

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

alarms from android clock are snoozed automatically when screen is locked. the alarm sounds once and then is put into snooze state. if you unlock the phone and look at notifications you can see the active alarm and have the chance to dismiss it.

how can i set it so alarm sounds until i turn it off?

phone settings
-----------
application manager > application info > clock > app settings > notifications
- on lock screen = show content
- set as priority = on

do not disturb = off

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Clock app and go to its settings. Under Alarms, is there a "Silence after" option? I have that in the stock Clock app on the Pixel 2 XL.

morcowbell

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site
there is not. at the "clock" level when i click on the thee dot menu option it comes up with "delete" and "about" as the only choices.

for each alarm you can set: days to repeat (m-f), alarm name, snooze ( time interval and frequency (set to continuous)), alarm tone and volume, vibration and "read time aloud".

the alarm sounds for about 1 second and then goes into snooze mode which can be seen on the notifications screen. once i unlock the phone the alarm behaves as expected. i thought about disabling the lock screen but that has different ramifications.

Lowell McCoy

Jun 3, 2019
Visit site
I know this is quite an old thread, but since there was no final solution to your problem, I'll offer mine.
Go to your CLOCK settings, and turn OFF the "Flip phone to snooze or stop alarm..."
This immediately solved the problem for me.
This may be an issue with a bad gyro or accelerometer. Sometimes, my phone doesn't auto-rotate. Probably most importantly, I cannot calibrate the motion sensor. Just won't do it...