Nobody can hear me talk.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you had said that they can't hear you no matter what I might have thought that your mic went out or there was some other operational issue. Since they can hear you if you yell that leads me to think that something is either stuck in your mic hole or your mic has shifted. These devices are pretty compact for the most part and not knowing what device you have makes this guess work but has the device been dropped or otherwise struck, stepped on or compressed in away that could have dislodged or damaged the mic? If not I would check the mic hole. Now these holes are usually very small, which also usually protects them from debris, as most debris is larger than the hole but they are not impervious to water or all debris. Carrying the device in your pocket, a purse or other small confined debris gathering place turns the openings of the device collection spots. You could try looking into the hole with a light but the size of the hole will make this an almost impossible task. you could try compressed air and blow into the hole but depending on how the mic is mounted and what might be in there this might clear it. Personally this would be my first choice. If you have insurance they might be able to look at it for you at a service center. If you're rolling without insurance you could remove the back of the device and clear the mic port from the inside. Exposing the mic will also allow you to visually inspect the mic and port of other issues that may be causing your issue. There are probably DIY videos on YouTube on how to open your device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My personal choice, if there's definitely some dust or lint in the hole, would be a thin sharp pointed wooden toothpick, to pick the stuff out of the hole.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but those holes are usually too small for anything like that, plus you risk poking the mic and damaging it. I would avoid going in the hole, but hey whatever you're comfortable with.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk