Recovery mode has no reset/wipe option

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone got trapped in a boot loop yesterday. I was trying to take a picture. Open camera wouldn't close and it was so, so hot. Never got hot like that before. So I took the battery out, then it rebooted to a bootloop, first time ever. Power was only 15% so I charged it, no difference.

The thing is, I put a ripple wallet on there, the DAY before! I wrote down the six recovery words but didn't realise the little text file that saves with it (toast wallet) is required... so it's a bit pressing now.

I can reboot into recovery, but the options are:

*factory test
phone auto test
PCBA single test file
phone single text file
phone info
pcba test report
phone test report
tp firmware upgrade
restart
shutdown.

I've looked at a few youtube videos of people accessing the recovery menu on my model of phone, but their menu is different to mine, so it's like the software is different or something.

The phone is a Wiko Jerry, I bought it in Thailand. I've installed a couple of things recently. One was the nova launcher. The other was open camera, which was OK but would never close for some reason. I think the android version was 5 Marshmellow but I don't know the exact version. The phone isn't rooted. Thanks for any ideas.

lifemagic

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

Not exactly the same. In the video, he presses the power and the top end of the volume button. Nothing happened when I did that so I was pressing the power and the other end of the power button.

But I just tried it again like in the video, but held it for about 20 to 30 seconds to be sure, and it worked. Now I have the wipe option! Thank you!

Just to be sure... there is no way to access the decide memory? I have to wipe it and lose all, right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.:-\ I can't think of any other option at this point. Trying to reinstall the firmware would act like a factory reset, so that wouldn't help you.

How long have you let the phone rest before trying to power it on? If it was overheating, maybe you need to let it sit for a few days without trying to turn it on, then give it another go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non