Question No translate option when select text

trogne

Oct 12, 2023
Visit site
In Wikipedia app, when I selected text with my old LG phone, I was seeing a "Translate" option, and clicking that would open Google translate with the translation.

Now, with my new LG, when I select text, there's no "Translate" option.
With different apps, the menu changes. For instance, with Chrome, I see the "Translate" option.

How can I add the "Translate" option for Wikipedia app ? On new and old LG, the app version is the same.

trogne

Oct 12, 2023
Visit site
Yes, but how does this matter ?

Wifi or not, I have no "Translate" option in the Wikipedia app, on my new LG phone.

When I select text on Wikipedia app, on new LG phone, I only have those options : Define, Edit here, Copy, Share, Select All, Web search.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
It would seem to be a LG compatible issue with your newer phone. I would reach out to the app developer on the Playstore about with what you have described as your issue, emphasing working on the older LG, but not the newer one. Good luck

Reactions: trogne

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

It may seem obvious but I have to ask, have you checked the 3 dot option menu to the side? Did you also scroll down in that menu?
a4ad0af3ddcd26c386e6952152a6013a.jpg
8b69e026e9b6bcbd0f032b2eb6fc2207.jpg
c1b8e8205d7de305320eb57243f3dd6a.jpg

Reactions: methodman89

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Could it be because it is now built into the app? So I downloaded the app to look at it for myself and found there is a big huge translate button at the bottom of the screen. When I open that I can pick any language I want. Granted it changes the whole page but it may be missing simply because they've built it into the app.

Did it have this function before? The button I mean? I also see that it was recently updated. Do you still have the old device? I would be curious to know if you updated the app on that device and tried this if it would still work?

Reactions: J Dubbs

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In Wikipedia app, when I selected text with my old LG phone, I was seeing a "Translate" option, and clicking that would open Google translate with the translation.

Now, with my new LG, when I select text, there's no "Translate" option.
With different apps, the menu changes. For instance, with Chrome, I see the "Translate" option.

How can I add the "Translate" option for Wikipedia app ? On new and old LG, the app version is the same.

Hi welcome to AC!
Which LG model you have and Android version?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter