Cracking phone while on calls

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Cracking noise on other end

When I'm on a call the other person I'm talking to says it's crackling and I sound far away.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that the people on the other end of the call hear lots of crackling? If so, does it also happen when you use speakerphone, or a wired or Bluetooth headset?

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
Yes, when I'm hooked to my car and speaker phone. I can't hear it but they can??? Well no matter of I'm hooked to bluetooth or not. Just all calls on the other end are cracking and say I'm far away.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
Re: Cracking noise on other end

I have had this Note 3 for about 5 years. It has been a great phone until around December. Then the cracking started happening. I've checked the voice call under phone settings and it's unchecked. Next step please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Merging threads means that a Moderator took two duplicate threads from the forums and merged them together, so that we don't have two separate but parallel discussions going on.

Safe Mode temporarily disables all 3rd party apps you installed. This can help narrow a problem down to something you installed vs a system or preinstalled app. Since the crackling stopped in Safe Mode, that implies that some app you installed is causing the problem -- but the challenge now is to figure out which app. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do that, besides uninstalling apps one by one and seeing if the problem goes away after each uninstall.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you installed a call recorder, try uninstalling that one, since it would have a direct effect during a phone call. (And I can tell you that almost no call recording apps work with a Note 3. Almost. Call Recorder is the only one I've ever found that does.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress