Podcast Republic download location?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been using Podcast Republic for more than two years, but am just now running into problems:

1) I have no idea what the correct download location should be for my android phone (HTC). I have (or had) a lot of downloaded podcasts. The phone has 32gb itself plus an added 64gb Sd card.

For some reason my internal storage was incredibly full, even though I had Podcast Republic set to my external Sd card. So I was playing around with the Podcast Republic download location, to check on why so much internal storage was being used, and accidentally changed the download location. I just touched something and no confirmation was required, so just touching something changed the download location.

I don't remember what the download location showed as before, but now it shows as:
"Download podcast to:primary:storage/extSdCard/μOMZYN~1.SCR/μILES/PodcastRepublic"

I have no idea what μOMZYN~1.SCR or μILES are? Shouldn't the download location just go directly from extSdCard to PodcastRepublic, without those things in the middle? There are a total of seven items under extSdCard that could be selected, all of which begin with the Greek letter "μ" . It appears that one of them MUST be selected when choosing a download location in the Sd card, but which one is correct?

(I also have some failed downloads under Downloads > Failed, where I get the message in red: "Download location is not accessible. Set up the download location now?" But of course, I don't have a clue about how to set this up!)

~~~

2) When I go to Podcasts and select one of my subscriptions, all except one of them show "NO EPISODES" - yet I have hundreds of episodes (somewhere), and the storage space used still attests to that. (And the one that shows some episodes, shows only two, when I've downloaded dozens from that subscription. When I go into Downloads > Completed, only those same two lonely episodes from that subscription show up.) Where are all of my missing episodes, and how do I get them back?

(When I go into Episodes > Recents, and Episodes > Unplayed, an almost unending list of episodes show up. These aren't items that I've downloaded.)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what μOMZYN~1.SCR or μILES are?
They're folders on your SD card.

Shouldn't the download location just go directly from extSdCard to PodcastRepublic, without those things in the middle?
They could be, but if the developer has more than one app, the storage location is usually in <somewhere>/the developer's name/PodcastRepublic, so they use the same main folder for all their apps. (And, if they have only 1 app, they still follow the convention.)

There are a total of seven items under extSdCard that could be selected, all of which begin with the Greek letter "μ" . It appears that one of them MUST be selected when choosing a download location in the Sd card, but which one is correct?
Try using a file manager to create a folder on the SD card named PodcastRepublic, then choose that one. (My Podcast Addict app happens to use using /storage.extSDCard/Android/data.com.bambuna.podcastaddict/files.podcast.) Where you tell it to save its files doesn't matter.

I just installed Podcast Republic to see where it stores podcasts. The default is storage/emulated/0/PodcastRepublic. When I change it to the SD card, it defaults to 3931-6331:/PodcastRepublic. That's about normal since Lollipop.

(I also have some failed downloads under Downloads > Failed, where I get the message in red: "Download location is not accessible. Set up the download location now?" But of course, I don't have a clue about how to set this up!)
Since the 3931-6331: part is based on the SD card, it's basically saving in a folder on the SD card named PodcastRepublic.

2) When I go to Podcasts and select one of my subscriptions, all except one of them show "NO EPISODES" - yet I have hundreds of episodes (somewhere), and the storage space used still attests to that. (And the one that shows some episodes, shows only two, when I've downloaded dozens from that subscription. When I go into Downloads > Completed, only those same two lonely episodes from that subscription show up.) Where are all of my missing episodes, and how do I get them back?
Again, use a file manager to find them.

(When I go into Episodes > Recents, and Episodes > Unplayed, an almost unending list of episodes show up. These aren't items that I've downloaded.)
Then find them and delete them.

Thea Hutcheson

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
They're folders on your SD card.

They could be, but if the developer has more than one app, the storage location is usually in <somewhere>/the developer's name/PodcastRepublic, so they use the same main folder for all their apps. (And, if they have only 1 app, they still follow the convention.)

Try using a file manager to create a folder on the SD card named PodcastRepublic, then choose that one. (My Podcast Addict app happens to use using /storage.extSDCard/Android/data.com.bambuna.podcastaddict/files.podcast.) Where you tell it to save its files doesn't matter.

I just installed Podcast Republic to see where it stores podcasts. The default is storage/emulated/0/PodcastRepublic. When I change it to the SD card, it defaults to 3931-6331:/PodcastRepublic. That's about normal since Lollipop.

Since the 3931-6331: part is based on the SD card, it's basically saving in a folder on the SD card named PodcastRepublic.

Again, use a file manager to find them.

Then find them and delete them.

I have the same problem. I got a new Android Note 4. I reinstalled all my data to the phone and reinstalled all the apps. Podcast Republic cannot find any of my +- hundred episodes and I cannot find a way to point the app to the files. Also, when I do find them, Podcast Republic is not in the list of apps to use to open them. How can I just point Podcast App to the folder where they reside and be done with this issue? I did find Backup/Restore on the app, but there's only two in there. Where are all my subscriptions? And how do I add new ones?

Thanks,