How to undo vestiges of themes past

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

hardware: Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U)
software: Android 7.0 (Nougat)

In December, I installed Samsung's "White Winter" theme. Then I installed "For Snowy Porch" in January followed by "winter tree" in February. The problem I'm having is that there are elements of the White Winter theme that remain on the phone even after installing two other themes afterward. Here are the elements that remain and that I now wish to change to something that better matches the theme I currently have installed:

1. The left and right app shortcuts on the lock screen (the phone and camera). Note that I am not trying to change the apps that are launched by these shortcuts. I am trying to change the appearance. I want to replace the icon.

2. The background image that appears when the settings menu is pulled up. It is currently set to the background image for the White Winter theme. I would like to change it to something else.

3. Similarly to #2 , the background image that appears when I bring up the phone app (showing "recents", "contacts", or the number pad). It shows the background image for the White Winter theme, and I would like to change it.

4. Also on the phone app, when I display contacts and scroll down to contacts just after "frequently contacted", there is a section for contacts that start with symbols. The section is labeled "&". E.g., "#BAL", and "#DATA". The icons that display to the left of those contacts are from the White Winter theme. I'd like to restore them all to the way they were. I could do this one by one, but I was hoping there was a way to just replace the entire icon pack at once.

Thanks much!

Erik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa