Will gOogle Pay on new phone have old password from android pay?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When i first installed android pay on 1st phone i had to choose a password (to lock phone) which I've never been able to remember. Surprised to see it - google pay - on 2nd phone which does not have screen lock. if i open it on new phone will it ask for password that I set up (and have forgotten) from 1st phone?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried opening Google Pay to see what it asks for? One of the security requirements for Google Pay is that you have lockscreen security or a PIN for the app - this is to protect you from someone stealing your device then trying to use it for making purchases. I use a lockscreen with PIN or fingerprint unlock (I HAVE to, company security policy) so I don't get prompted for additional authentication for Google Pay.

If you don't know the PIN, I imagine it will allow you to reset the app and generate a new one but this will require re-authorizing your credit cards for use in the app as it will reset the tokens generated for the old PIN.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.