iPhone user switching to Note 8 (Some Questions)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Considering switching to Note 8 instead of the X, however whats putting me off is security as Samsung doesn't seem to update their phones like Apple does and also the camera beauty mode?

Hence, wondering how does Samsung go on about security updates? Do they roll out as quick as Apple/Pixel does? Are their any security issues with Android specially the Note 8?

Also is there a way to take normal pictures with the notes camera? I tried it in store and it gives you this cartoonish makeup effect?

Anything else I should know about Android/Note considering coming from a iPhone.

I'm no Apple fan, but I've had iPhones because my experience with Android wasn't good in the early days but seems like its come a long way since my Samsung S2.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What is it in particular about the Note that has you considering that compared to the Pixel if security is a concern? Keep in mind - with the openness of the platform, much of the functionality can be had in either device through apps, except for the S-Pen (which you don't have on iPhone anyway).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa