Why does HTC Mail app keep crashing?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On HTC 10 - Within in last two days HTC Mail app started crashing when ever I reply to a message or start a new email message.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I strongly recommend that everyone in this thread send feedback to Google (either through Chrome's help menu or the system settings help/feedback option), letting them know about the problem. They're more likely to fix the problem quickly if they get a lot of input about it.

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Disabling Chrome and installing Chrome Canary fixed it on my HTC 10. Unfortunately the phone itself is still rebooting, just not when I reply to emails. Between HTC and Google I'm wondering who screwed up this otherwise great phone.

peter schneider1

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem with my HTC 9. I found that if I UNINSTALL Chrome,(i can't really uninstall it but i go to the previous version) the problem goes away.

The only problem is, because Chrome & Goggle are both part of HTC, the Chrome App automatically "updates" every night, so every morning, I have to go in and uninstall/ go to the earlier version and then my email works fine again.

It's annoying but until Goggle/Chrome/HTC comes out with a FIX, that all I can do.

Hope this helps.

plummerl

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
From glancing at the web today, HTC updated the Mail app on 28 March and fixed the issue with Chrome.

Minor problem, I go to Google Play to update the HTC Mail app and it is not showing under My Apps! Going to Google Play (web), the HTC Mail update shows up and is showing "This app is incompatible with your device."

My device is the HTC One M9, model HTC6535lvw (Verizon model). WTF????

filmcryx

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Same here, also with the same model of HTC M9, also Verizon.

For a brief, shining moment this morning my husband's HTC Mail worked alongside Chrome but then the phone received another Chrome update and HTC Mail began crashing again while trying to write a new email message.

So we're back to the workaround and hoping (again) for a quick fix.

From glancing at the web today, HTC updated the Mail app on 28 March and fixed the issue with Chrome.

Minor problem, I go to Google Play to update the HTC Mail app and it is not showing under My Apps! Going to Google Play (web), the HTC Mail update shows up and is showing "This app is incompatible with your device."

My device is the HTC One M9, model HTC6535lvw (Verizon model). WTF????

plummerl

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Same here, also with the same model of HTC M9, also Verizon.

For a brief, shining moment this morning my husband's HTC Mail worked alongside Chrome but then the phone received another Chrome update and HTC Mail began crashing again while trying to write a new email message.

So we're back to the workaround and hoping (again) for a quick fix.

I had a long chat with HTC yesterday. They have elevated the issue to their Special Projects Team, who will be contacting me next week.

In the meantime, I downloaded the HTC Mail app update (28 March) to my phone directly (Download HTC Mail 10.70.1031252 apk - APK.CO). Executing the download (and ignoring all the warnings about non-compatibility) installed the latest update (10.70.1031252). I've updated Chrome (also turning back on auto-updating) and everything is working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89