04-25-2018 02:31 PM
42 12
tools Reply
    The problem is that if you uninstall chrome some of the other apps stop working (twitter etc); any idea when the this is to be fixed?
    Yes agree, Twitter and Scribble.....so far stop working but I need mail more than those.
    03-19-2018 02:40 PM
    Wow, if our best course of action is to ask Google to update something in one of its core apps, we have a real problem.

This is something HTC needs to fix and fix it soon!
    03-20-2018 09:21 AM
    It’s Chrome and Android System Webview. HTC Mail is not the culprit. Rollback Chrome.

Sorry. Redux.
    03-20-2018 02:48 PM
    Disabling Chrome and installing Chrome Canary fixed it on my HTC 10. Unfortunately the phone itself is still rebooting, just not when I reply to emails. Between HTC and Google I'm wondering who screwed up this otherwise great phone.
    03-21-2018 01:16 PM
    I had the same problem with my HTC 9. I found that if I UNINSTALL Chrome,(i can't really uninstall it but i go to the previous version) the problem goes away.

The only problem is, because Chrome & Goggle are both part of HTC, the Chrome App automatically "updates" every night, so every morning, I have to go in and uninstall/ go to the earlier version and then my email works fine again.

It's annoying but until Goggle/Chrome/HTC comes out with a FIX, that all I can do.

Hope this helps.
    03-22-2018 12:28 PM
    Adding to the choir here. Same issue, same solution. Come on Google. fix your update!
    03-22-2018 03:52 PM
    There have been some recent updates to Chrome and Android System Webview -- has anyone tried re-updating and seeing if the problem persists?
    03-22-2018 07:54 PM
    Henrik - Thank you!! I would have factory reset the whole phone and eventually got back to this point and would have lost my mind. F U Google
    03-23-2018 09:49 PM
    I got an update for the HTC Mail app today and this issue is now resolved.
    03-28-2018 11:27 AM
    FYI this also seems to have resolved the Google Play Store crashing, and the fingerprint sensor on my HTC U11 refusing to unlock the phone.
    belodion and B. Diddy like this.
    03-28-2018 11:31 AM
    Got an HTC Mail update today, installed it and the Chrome update - everything now working
    belodion and B. Diddy like this.
    03-29-2018 06:04 AM
    Thanks Henrik. Worked a treat!
    Worked great for me too!

Thanks Henrick!
    04-04-2018 01:01 PM
    From glancing at the web today, HTC updated the Mail app on 28 March and fixed the issue with Chrome.

Minor problem, I go to Google Play to update the HTC Mail app and it is not showing under My Apps! Going to Google Play (web), the HTC Mail update shows up and is showing "This app is incompatible with your device."

My device is the HTC One M9, model HTC6535lvw (Verizon model). WTF????
    04-06-2018 06:58 PM
    Same here, also with the same model of HTC M9, also Verizon.

For a brief, shining moment this morning my husband's HTC Mail worked alongside Chrome but then the phone received another Chrome update and HTC Mail began crashing again while trying to write a new email message.

So we're back to the workaround and hoping (again) for a quick fix.

From glancing at the web today, HTC updated the Mail app on 28 March and fixed the issue with Chrome.

Minor problem, I go to Google Play to update the HTC Mail app and it is not showing under My Apps! Going to Google Play (web), the HTC Mail update shows up and is showing "This app is incompatible with your device."

My device is the HTC One M9, model HTC6535lvw (Verizon model). WTF????
    04-08-2018 10:29 AM
    Same here, also with the same model of HTC M9, also Verizon.

For a brief, shining moment this morning my husband's HTC Mail worked alongside Chrome but then the phone received another Chrome update and HTC Mail began crashing again while trying to write a new email message.

So we're back to the workaround and hoping (again) for a quick fix.
    I had a long chat with HTC yesterday. They have elevated the issue to their Special Projects Team, who will be contacting me next week.

In the meantime, I downloaded the HTC Mail app update (28 March) to my phone directly (Download HTC Mail 10.70.1031252 apk - APK.CO). Executing the download (and ignoring all the warnings about non-compatibility) installed the latest update (10.70.1031252). I've updated Chrome (also turning back on auto-updating) and everything is working fine.
    04-08-2018 11:59 AM
    So long HTC. Playing around with the HTC Mail APK for the new version, it reveals that with this update, HTC has specified that the minimum PlatformBuildVersionName = 8.0.0.

Unless you have somehow been able to upgrade your phone to OREO (8.0), auto updating of the Mail App will never occur.

My forcing the install has worked without any issues so far, but the future looks dim!
    04-11-2018 01:19 PM
    Good news. HTC pushed through a Mail update earlier today that fixed the problem on our M9s. So thanks for contacting them. Sounds like it did the trick.
    04-25-2018 02:31 PM
42 12