i have a unique issue. im locked out and lost access to my gmail i used for over 5 yrs.. i hard reset and didn't think to write the password down 5 months ago.ive mined info on a way to get that password reset to hopefully, and to no avail the google team only replies on its help forums " you need to remember that old password" we're not gonna reset anything for ya " read this (gives me a google blogspot link) ive made a new gmail like the old one just with a number

i will get a new device to remedy and wonder if the nano i have saved retains info from that gmail account.. i wish not to spend on a new device only to be locked out because my nano might have synced to my old device

put simply, am i to be locked out of a new device if i insert that saved nano sim into the new device? i do know some retailers have devices that already provide a new sim.. thank you
    03-26-2018 12:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried recovering your Google account? https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/.

The SIM won't have your password info. If you were to get a new phone, one of the first things you're asked for is your Google account and password. Use the new Google account, and proceed from there.
    03-26-2018 12:29 PM
    The SIM will have no record on it of your passwords or account details.

If you’ve tried Google Account Recovery without success, there’s probably nothing you can do to recover that account. Reusing the SIM that you were using at that time will not require you to reuse that account.

Edit: Posted same moment as above.
    03-26-2018 12:32 PM
    The SIM has no connection to the Google account. It can be used to store contacts (a bad idea) And SMS messages (also a bad idea), but that's about it.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-26-2018 01:37 PM
    SIM storage space is very limited...

SIM Card Capacity
    While it seems similar in size to the multi-gigabyte memory card you use in your digital camera or even in your smartphone, the typical SIM card only contains about 128 to 256 kilobytes of user-writable data. This is just enough to store basic information such as your contacts' names and numbers and in some cases a small number of text messages. Files such as music, photos and videos are far too large to store on the SIM card.
    https://www.techwalla.com/articles/s...orage-capacity

Doesn't seem to be enough room to write nasty malware to...
    03-26-2018 06:02 PM