I recently got some 3rd party batteries for my LG G4 and I downloaded accubattery to estimate the capacity of the batteries. It says that its actual capacity is about 2000 mah instead of 3000 mah. The batteries are from a company called juboty and the batteries got decent reviews on amazon. I was wondering how reliable the estimate that accubattery gives is. If it's accurate, I will probably swap out one or both of the batteries.
    04-01-2018 09:59 AM
    If you run the phone about the same way every day for about a week, the estimate will be fairly good. It takes time for the program's algorithms to figure out what's happening. But as far as absolute capacity, you have to run the battery from full charge down to 40% or less each charge cycle for at least 3 or 4 charge cycled for it to be accurate (which, as Accubattery will tell you, is a bad idea). The amount of capacity the battery has with the way you normally use it is the amount of current drawn for the amount of time between charges - that's really all that matters. Say the capacity were 3000mAh, and you charged it from 35% to 100% all the time. You'd be using 1950mAh of battery. Every charge cycle. (You can't get the complete capacity. That requires charging to 100% - which shortens the battery life, and discharging to 0% - which can kill the battery in a month or two.)
    04-01-2018 11:35 AM
    Is there a way to clear the battery estimate's data. I swapped out the batteries, so they data may be messed up if only one battery is bad. I want to re take the data so that I can be sure which battery, if either, needs attention.
    04-01-2018 08:49 PM
    Yes, go into Apps, select Accubattery and App Info and clear its data/cache.
    11-02-2018 02:02 AM